Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!!!

Today was my birthday! Nothing extra special, except for the fact that my mother made me the best gift I have EVER been given for ANY occasion. Mom and I have been making teddy bears to sell to raise funds for my walk. In the process of digging through our boxes of fabric we came across the extra scraps from my sisters' and my wedding dresses. Mom said something about using it to make bears to sell, and I was completely against that idea. There was no way I was going to give up that little piece of my sister. When I opened my gift from mom though, I was stunned. She had taken the scraps from our dresses, and made me two matching bears. There could have NEVER been a better gift. These bears mean so so so much to me. The timing, the fabric, the fact that I am doing all this work for the 3-day in memory of Angie. Just thinking about these bears brings a tear to my eye. Thanks mom, you took what I thought was the saddest birthday I have ever had, and given me a joy that I simply do not have the words to express. You are the best!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! What an AMAZING gift from your mother!

Liz Harrell said...

Happy, late, birthday Anna!

casunshine said...

Thank you for sharing w/your readers the beautiful gift your Mom made. I agree, no bday present could have been so perfect and so perfectly timed. What a special Mom. :)

I am so sorry for your loss. Isn't it amazing, how brave are those who go on before us? God's unknowable ways, I tellya. Try to take some comfort in knowing (trust me, I'm an older sister, myself) she loved you fiercly, and with almost all of her heart. (came across your pg. thru Liz's, by way of AT)