Monday, January 26, 2009

Just another manic Monday......


I don't usually mind Mondays, don't get me wrong I don't really look forward to them, but off all the days of the week, I like it more than most. If I could have erased the start to this week though, I would have puled out the biggest pink pearl eraser I could find. It was hectic, it was sad, it made my whole body ache. I knew last Friday that it wasn't going to be pleasant. I got wind of some not so good news that I knew was going to rear it's nasty little head today,and the fact that I knew it was going to happen, and I had no way to help, or warn the person whom it would affect ate at me all weekend. To make it short, one of the tellers that I work with had a shortage a few weeks back that we were never able to locate. It was, unfortunately of a decent amount. We all are certain that she did NOT take the money for her own personal gain. But since the company we work for recently merged with another, and all the suits higher up are worried about their OWN jobs, they came down hard. Too hard. This beautiful young girl who has two young children, and an ex that provides her with not even the smallest sliver of help. She is also doing her darnedest to go to school at night to become a crime scene technician, and get good grades. Now she has no job. It was much more difficult for me to work today when I felt I was working under immoral, unethical people. I fully understand that banks cannot just take losses and not do anything about it. This situation had me so upset for a number of reasons though. There is of course the most obvious one that this poor woman has two kids, no job, and no help. But that there was another teller working there about a year ago that had a terrible attitude, and because she did not follow our policies lost the bank 4 times as much money. She did not get fired until the third instance of the same issue. This was the first time this teller had been out a large amount. Normally she has a near-flawless balancing record. I also don't feel that they gave enough time to locate the outage. I wonder if mister high-and-mighty Napoleon in his fancy window office has ever known what it is like to struggle, probably not.....I will get off my soapbox now.


I do however, have better news to announce. I have decided to walk in the breast cancer 3-day in October this year. I have thought about it for a few years now, but I was so worried about being able to raise the $2300 that they require you donate to walk. But when I found out that the last day of the walk was my sister's wedding anniversary I took it to be a sign, and decided that this was the year to go for it. While she did not have breast cancer, I figure it is a great cause, and if they can manage to find a cure for breast cancer it is a great stride in curing ALL cancers, even the one Angie had. I'll be completely honest though, the thought of walking 3 days straight, and raising such a large sum of money scares the bejesus out of me! I will be setting up a link on my blog where my bloggie friends can help me towards my goal, and just be warned, I will be planning on pestering you for donations! I've got a long way to go, and I need EVERYONE'S help. Also check out Angie's best friend Kate's blog Going The Distance. She is competing in a triathlon this year in memory of my sister also, and I know she needs donations as much as I do.


I hope to have some of the pictures I took in Arkansas uploaded tomorrow to share with you, there just wasn't time to get them loaded today. I told you it was a Manic Monday

1 comment:

Tri Mommy said...

I'm sorry to hear about the teller... it's hard when times are tough!

I am so proud of you for doing the 3 day challenge! Please be sure to email me with your donation link - I will be a donor! And thanks for the plug for my blog!!

Hugs...