Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mile 32!

I am now 32 miles into my training, and I think I may have actually conquered the stupid blisters! I took a little break to give my feet a chance to heal so I could really see if I had solved my blister problems. I had two 3 mile walks this week and I am so happy to say that I am blister free! My miracle seems to be a combo of large quantities of Vaseline, and these fantastic thorlos socks!





The have great padding at the toes and heels, but none in the middle where you don't really need it. I just hope that this wonder combo will continue to work when I am walking longer and longer distances. Unfortunately not all my pains are completely gone, because I seem to have developed some pain in the pads behind my big toes. I will have to do some investigating to see what this may be caused by and what I can do to remedy it. I probably need to invest in those $50 dollar insoles, but I am just feeling a little cheap at the moment. Fifty dollars is a lot of money for a little foam doo-dad. I suppose it is worth it though if it keeps me from pain. We'll have to see....

3 comments:

Tri Mommy said...

YAY! Go Anna! And the orthotics are usually worth it... but painful to pay for.

Holly said...

I hope all your feet problems get worked out soon! Yay for the socks that are helping!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- that's a LOT of running! What a great idea to use thorlo's for running -- I guess I'd never thought of them for that -- thinking they were more for hiking. They'd sure make a run more comfortable though!